Food Stuff Theft,Caught at Nkwoagu Market


By Nwogha Ndubuisi Andy

  A woman who identified her name simply as Mrs.Chinyere Akam on weekend apprehended by men of Vigilantes group Nkaliki Suburb of Abakaliki metropolis, for stealing black sack containing food items and some money at Nkwoagu market.
  Narrating the incident to saintakpomiemie.blogspot.com reporter during interrogation, Mrs.Akam blamed fear as the cause of not retuning the sack when she discovered that the bag was not her own.
  It was alleged that Mrs.Akam was on that fateful afternoon carried a black polythene sack containing some food items and money where she targeted the owner to be busy before she unleashed the act.
According to her"My grandchild is sick at Awka where she lives,so, that morning my husband asked one of my sons to go send my daughter four thousand naira to my daughter so that she will be able to take the child to the hospital.
  "Before I left for bank that morning I asked my son to go sell fowl for me at Nkwoagu,on my return I rushed to the market with a little child I was carrying and we sat somewhere in a shade.While we were waiting, I was carrying a sack but unknown to my son,he exchanged it for another one but when I discovered that on our way,I was afraid of not tagging me as a thief so did not return it not until the next day when men of  Neighborhood watch arrested me".
It was gathered that the sack owner in discovering that her bag was no more at the place she kept it raised alarm that attracted passersby whom her description revealed that it was Mrs.Akam who has been popular in such trade took the bag.
  It was also learnt that with the help of the people chartered motorcycles and traced Mrs.Akam where they met her in her compound but she escaped through back door on hearing bike sound which one of her children confirmed but refused to give them full details of their mother whereabout.
  saintakpomiemie.bogspot.com also learnt that Mrs.Akam rather rushed early the next day to vigilantes office where she met with Neighborhood watch officer on his way home with complain that she was accused of stealing some food items and wanted to arrest the accused,but the officer asked her to return back to their office that he had closed duty as at the time.
Confirming the incident, the accused son,Master Chibuike Akam while confessing the the allege crime hinted us that they carried the sack and quickly boarded tricycle home,but on sighting the motorcycle her mum,Mrs.Akam escaped through back yard to her friend at Ezza where the security men later traced the sack to and recovered it to the owner.
  In her reaction, the sack's owner Mrs.Grace Nwonu said that since it has already be made clear that she stole the bag that she must provide the items and all the money she left in the sack which was one thousand and five hundred naira(#1500),some cups of beniseed,groundnut,baby shirt,Okpa,popcorn and some other items that was still missing as at the time of her arrest.
However, the Neighborhood Watch personnel, Donatus Nwizi told us that the suspect approached him on his way home that somebody had accused her of stealing her property,but surprisingly,the right owner of the sack was invited for interrogation where she was discovered to be the one behind the crime,he warned hoodlums in the area to pack out as they are ready to make Nkaliki crime free zone and would not leave any stone unturned to achieve the fit.
  

Comments

Popular Posts