Senate Presidency: Umahi Steps Down For Akpabio

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State and an aspirant for the office of the Senate President has officially announced his withdrawal from the race and declared his support for Senator Godswill Akpabio's candidacy.
Umahi disclosed this in an interview with journalists on Friday, in which its video clip was forwarded to our newsdesk. He stated that Akpabio and Barau Jibrin are the consensus choice of the President-elect for the Senate President and Deputy Senate President respectively. Governor Umahi said as a party loyal man, he has no option other than to accept and work for the choice of the president-elect, Bola Tinubu to emerge. "My brother came on consultation with me by yesterday, I saw the President-elect on his invitation, and he told me that he is currently committed. He told me to hold on and I stepped down for my brother. "Akpabio is my consensus candidate, I also stepped down for Barau for Deputy Senate President; so, I stepped down for the two of them." Recall that Senator Akpabio is from Akwa Ibom North West (South-South) while Barau Jibrin is from Kano North (North West).

Comments

Popular Posts