Breaking: Drama as hoodlum invades Ebonyi Govt House, carts away motorcycle

By Agu Cosmas, Abakaliki
It was a melodrama on Monday afternoon when an unknown hoodlums invaded old Ebonyi Government House, Abakaliki and carted away motorcycle. The motorcycle, Topstar CJ 125 black coloured with number plate, Enugu UWN 412 QU belong to a staff of Internal Security,old Government House, Abakaliki.
Narrating the incident, the victim and a driver in the ministry , Mr Eze Isaac Onwe, said that the motorcycle was parked at the designated area inside the government house where the incident occured. "What happened was that, when I came in the morning, I went and parked my motorcycle at where we were directed to park it immediately after the main gate. "So, when I was hungry in the afternoon and I went out to buy launch, I checked and the bike was no more there. "When I reported to the security, the Chief security directed his workers to do an investigation and also, asked them to check bike going outside while they take my statement."he said He appealed to the state government to come to his aid as the motorcycle has been serving as his shop and major source of livelihood to support his family considering his meager salary. "That bike has been serving as my source of livelihood and my own shop, because at the closure of my civil service job, I usually enter road to make some money and augment my salary considering current situation of the economy. Meanwhile, when contacted the Commissioner for Internal Security, Eta Ukah Udeh who sent his boys after Journalists for calling him on phone said, "Why should I be called over a missing motorcycle, am I the one that suppose to take care of the motorcycle?". "So, as a Commissioner,I should be watching over bikes" he said.

Comments

Popular Posts